That Girl Named Ryan
Hello all!!! Thank you for visiting my site!!!
Here is where a normal person would write a few clever yet well thought out paragraphs introducing themselves. Yet, being that I'm a brown chick with a fro, repping an Irish boys name... nothing about me is normal, so instead I decided to break the ice with some questions from the infamous Proust Questionnaire (read more about Marcel Proust here)
Here we go!!!!!
1. What is your favorite word? Words... Vernacular and Breathtaking
2. What is your idea of perfect happiness? A never ending playlist filled with all of my favorite music coupled with dancing in a wide open space with people I love… and of course wine.
3. What is your greatest fear? The rise of hate.
4. Which historical figure do you most identify with? It’s a weird mix of Jane Fonda meets like Prince.
5. Which living person do you most admire? I can’t name one because so many people give me so many different things… but the scale ranges from Barbra Streisand to Issa Rae.
6. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Always and forever procrastination… also Networking… what is that? Can they offer a class?
7. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Racism and Apathy
8. Who are your heroes in real life? My mom, my grandmother and grandfather and Lena Horne.
9. What is your greatest extravagance? Ebay… after midnight.
10. What do you most value in your friends? Their freedom
11. What is your favorite journey? Thanksgiving Eve, I look forward to it every year.
12. What is your most treasured possession? My grandfathers mustache brush, and a jacket owned by Lena Horne.
13. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Anything traditional… I feel traditions tend to breed conformity rather than progression.
14. Which living person do you most despise? Anyone who is covering their fear and pain by projecting hate and violence.
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? My mom.
16. When and where were you happiest? Summers at my grandparents house.
17. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Authenticity.
18. What is your most marked characteristic? My lack of inhibitions, my joy. I like to spread it all around.
19. Who is your favorite hero of fiction? Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird... does Jackie Brown count?
20. What is your favorite occupation? I envy a skilled dancer....Misty Corpeland, Carmen De Lavallade. I'm facinated with the journey from music to soul to movement. It's breathtaking.
21. Who are your favorite writers? James Baldwin, Nina Simone, Audre Lorde, Nikki Giovanni, Pheobe Snow, Amy Winehouse Tennessee Williams and Patricia Highsmith... I can keep going.
22. What is your motto? “Carry your own spotlight”